Monday, September 26, 2011

Paleo Chili

When I get a free Sunday, I like to sit back and watch football with a nice bowl of chili. Normal chili isn't that paleo so I decided to make my own.  Here are my ingredients:
  1. 2 pounds grass-fed beef
  2. Red Bell Pepper
  3. Onion
  4. Cumin
  5. Oregano
  6. Chili Powder
  7. Garlic
  8. Organic Crushed & Diced Tomatoes (make sure there are no extra ingredients added)
I started by browning the beef and onion in a pan. From there I placed the beef and onion in a crockpot and mixed in the rest of the ingredients.  I don't have exact measurements because I mostly eyeball the pot and add as I see fit. I let it simmer for about 4 hours.

In the end, I feel like it may have been missing one more ingredient and I will investigate to find out what that is.  This didn't stop the chili from being an excellent snack for me during football.  For dinner that night, I cooked some wild caught cod fish and placed the chili on top.  This proved to be an excellent combination along with some sauteed spinach and my wife's delicious California mashers on the side.  Give it a try for your next football Sunday.

1 comment:

  1. 1. the crockpot is an amazing invention
    2. what is a california masher? sounds like a WWE wrestler...

    ReplyDelete