Tuesday, July 5, 2011

Big Changes

I think it's time to give this blog the ol' kick start again.  When I get a better cell phone, I'll be able to post more often.  Until then, it's time for an update.

I spent the July 4th weekend at my good friend Chris' wedding.  He is a crossfit guy.  They are basically a totally different breed than the usual bodybuilder types you see.  I had been preaching the values of the bodybuilder for a long time and after this weekend......changes are in store.  I'll be looking up my local crossfit to see if I can join.  A crossfit gym is very expensive so I'll see what I can do about the price until I can set up my basement for such workouts.  I spent two workouts at Crossfit King of Prussia and it was one of the best workouts I have EVER had.  The people are great and the community aspect is something I have not seen in a long time.  It is something that can make being a part of a crossfit family well worth the cost.  It also gives me something to strive for.

In the most basic of terms, a crossfit workout is usually less than a half hour long and is made to be 110% effort throughout.  This is very different than the hour to hour and a half you can spend lifting weights in a gym.  The diet is also different as it is based on the diets of that of the cavement (Paleo diet).  Of course, there are a lot more details than that but this is what I will be adopting from here on out.  All of the people I met are inspirations.  Chris himself is an inspiration and someone who's times and weights I now have to reach for.  I'll be documenting my findings, my travels and overall tips so check back often and leave comments!  (I'll also get better at writing articles.  Right now I just spew out random thoughts.  Enjoy!)

No comments:

Post a Comment